Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Anniversary & Endive


"I can't believe I missed my anniversary!" I wined. My husband gave me his disinterested look. This, by the way, is the look he gives every time he thinks I'm making a "whoop to do" out of nothing.  Two years blogging may not seem like a really big deal but when you tap the key's with one finger, there's carpal issues if nothing else.

Blog anniversary aside, I taught class on Saturday September 11 at Yorba Linda Library.  The subject was appetizers and a really nice group of 75. The endive recipe below is one of my favorites. I posted this once before in 2008 but like this pic better and wanted it easier to find for my new library friends.



Endive with Chevre, Pear and Candied Pecan- (reprinted from 2008)
Creamy goat cheese, sweet, crisp pear and candied pecan cradled in a crisp endive leaf, so easy to make I love it's fresh taste and know you will too!

Ingredients:
3 heads endive
6 ounces chevre cheese
cracked black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt to taste
1 pear
¼ cup pecans candied

Directions:
Remove leaves from endive heads. Wash and pat dry.
Cut pear lengthwise( seed but do not peal) and dice 1/2. Save other half for tray garnish.
Mix chevre with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, fresh cracked pepper and pinch of salt. Fold in chopped pear and 1/2 of candied pecans. Be very gentle when mixing, best to use gloved hands.
Top each leaf with chevre mixture and arrange on platter, sprinkle with remaining pecans and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, some salt and more cracked pepper.

3 comments:

Chow and Chatter said...

great recipe and happy anniversary thanks for traveling with me Rebecca

~ Chef Louise said...

happy anniversary- i always forget about endive, it's so pretty. you make great salads and an even better presentation. speaking of salad -- do you remember or ranch dressing bucket? i can still remember making ranch with a giant whisk~!
~Chef Louise

Renee said...

I would like a swim in that bucket! Maybe with olives on my fingers and celery in my teeth!