Wednesday, September 1, 2010

All's Fair That Ends Fair

 The OC Fair 2010 was a success! Just to quick brag, the exhibit department, where I work, was named "Department of the Year" ( insert clapping here!)

Monday I packed the last box, officially closing the history and culinary exhibit. It was an amazing year and a ton of work but I will miss the fair. I will now begin my customary "blue time" when I feel some what numb at the conclusion of a big project. I'll have to write fair highlights for the next few posts as part of my post fair therapy.

Just before the fair, I lost my beloved camera. I say "lost", but it wasn't a matter of misplacing. I am sure someone is enjoying my camera, as well as trying to figure out what house the garage door control opens (that went missing at the same time)... Note to thief: it won't work on my house, nor does any appliance.

Although the camera can be replaced, (ouch $!) I lost pictures the pictures on it, many taken during this years OC Fair set up. Zayne helped by taking pictures to document the exhibits for me, but I have to say, I miss snapping randomly and on impulse, hundreds of photos then combing through them for my favorites. Sigh!

More bad news... and a bit off subject but someone is stealing my tomatoes. Serious. Let's be honest, I don't have a green thumb, but I managed to grow 2 tomato plants that have produced a dozen or so tomatoes and someone else has eaten them. Who would do that? Who would walk into someones yard and pluck their produce?

Last and on a positive note, our family has grown this Summer to a nice even number of four. Zayne's friend Sean came to live with us . This was Sean's first OC Fair, he now enjoys the "Fair Brat" title like Zayne and kid's of other employees.


Although it's only been a few weeks, Zayne and Sean are already bickering like brothers, creating secret handshakes, and testing my buttons. Wish me luck as it appears my new projects are tomato watch and carpooling to the 8th grade.

2 comments:

Louise said...

okay "I'm sorry" I really just needed the paper towel and some tomatoes... I have a few extra kids that need a home if you are up for it I'll drop them by later. FYI, I love reading your posts- your a natural writer.

Renee Fontes said...

So you heard that I make a good "PPJ" It's true. Now give back the tomatoes, and the paper towels, I'm watching you!