Wednesday, February 3, 2010

French Fries & Fabric Softener


I'm working on perfecting french fries for the cookbook. Richard thinks I'm just working on fries so I can eat them, but he must be wrong! Okay I have been eating them, even the bad ones. Should I waste perfectly edible food just because my cloths don't fit?

This brings me to an obvious problem. I'm ballooning up testing appetizers which limits my wardrobe choices which is why I'm standing at the drier. See, I'm too frugal or proud to by more "husky" sized cloths especially when I'm convinced I'm gonna be back to my ideal weight soon. So, while waiting for the only pair of jeans that still fit to emerge, I'm day dreaming about a magic way to make it happen. Alas, there is no "magic diet" and I'm out of fabric softener.

I go to the gym, because fat people are supposed to. My work out friends are tired of hearing about my french fry adventures over whines of being overweight. When I think they are interested in my choice of potatoes and double fry technique, they actually resent me talking fries on the thigh master. Humm.. how rude of me, I guess I'll blog about it so I can annoy a new audience.

Today when I came out of the gym and saw a giant Dreyer's Ice Cream truck. I instantly fantasize that the truck breaks down in front of my house and the poor driver needs help emptying his vehicle. I jump in,  eat all the ice cream, and despite a nasty brain freeze, I save the day.

5 comments:

Mireya said...

You crack me up! Yes, my jeans are bursting at the seams too. For a while, I was down to 2 pairs that actually buttoned up. Gotta love the affects cooking and baking!

Renee Fontes said...

I know I'm in mucho trouble.So I put my $5.00 in a diet pool at work. I am so competitive, it might just work!

The Cookbook Apprentice said...

Elastic waistbands rule! The gym people need to get over not hearing about french fries and you are making a selfless sacrifice for the benefit of others. You are perfecting the french fry and other recipes to improve the quality of life for all who will learn from your book!!!

Oz said...

Hey Renee - this is Ozgun from the Yorba Linda Public Library. I'd like to get in touch with you about doing some cooking classes here at the library. Would you mind giving me a call or sending an email?

Velva said...

Had you been working that treadmill with a few foodies we would have so indulged you in the double fry method for french fries.

Is there a more perfect food than a perfectly fried batch french fries? I think not!