Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tomatoes and Time


To do today...
exercise, (at least look like I am)...
Make breakfast, risk life by taking kid to school, work...
wash car, floors, cat box, cloths, and clean the garage...
meals, planning for meals, shopping for meals, revise list...
dishes, more dishes, more meals and dishes for those, feed cat...
write a cookbook...
...the list goes on and rounds out at about four pages of overwhelming. The holiday's are over it's back to work, house work and chauffeuring my son, it will be interesting to see how I can squeeze in writing a cookbook. I am aware my goal may conflict with day dreaming, dinner time, sleeping, twittering, and all important things I need to accomplish in my habitat.

Richard want's me to work on an introduction. He got it roughed out, in order to get me all fired up,  (Richard knows I require lot's of prompting). This is one of those HARD things like deciding what's the book about. I wonder if I write a stupid introduction would every one who read it would just stop there? Maybe they would laugh until they were hospitalized or worse use it to prop a door or something.

I am working on a bruschetta with a fresh tomato sauce recipe (I know it's preschool, as far as appetizers are concerned, but still decent party food).  Only in California would anyone attempt to make a fresh tomato sauce in January. Am I dreaming the flavor will burst in the tasters mouth? Why yes! because tomatoes are so unpredictable  now (tomatoes are unpredictable all the time) went with grape tomatoes, the only thing ripe in the store.

I wanted to try drying the tomatoes and adding roasted garlic to it. The roasted garlic idea didn't work, the dish looked like mud, and looks count. My fresh basil froze in the fridge before I could use it. The tomatoes stuck to the pan, I burned the bread and when it came picture time, clouds gathered and there was only dull light.

I finally got the results I wanted but I kinda felt like I spent too much time at it. Messing around with something so simple, felt like going to the DMV.

I got the car washed.

Follow my new countdown gadget at the bottom of the blog posts!

4 comments:

Mireya said...

It's funny where/when we find motivation and inspiration!

So lucky to have good fresh tomatoes this time of the year; I can't find a single grocery store with any that are halfway decent!

Renee Fontes said...

For sure the tomatoes have been sad this whole year, and I am silly to try in the winter, but in the end it was a nice snack and the recipe got written down. Yea!

Linda Larsen said...

I've found that the secret to working on a cookbook is to do a little bit of work every day. Create a recipe; write a paragraph, edit a sentence. The more work you do, the more ideas will come to you!

Renee Fontes said...

ROGER THAT Linda!