Friday, December 4, 2009

Open Season

It's back.
I can do this.
It's only a holiday.
It's just one day a year.
I shouldn't get stressed out.
It's the season of joy, peace, giving, sharing
I guess I just must make too big of a deal out of it.
OMG! IT'S BACK! IT'S HERE! IT'S CHRISTMAS! CHRISTMAS!
It's time to hang garlands, stockings, ornaments, lights, and wreaths.
I relax, breathe, the ladder goes up and dusty boxes come down.
It's Sunday after Thanksgiving, tree is up, not one but two.
I find a holiday music channel, and stage a family photo.
It's attempting to schedule tree lighting and shopping.
I hit the kitchen to bake my yearly pumpkin bread.
I am making, perfect, gifts at home for everyone.
I feverishly swag, fluff, list, plot and plan.
It's deciding on red or white poinsettias.
I  go on a quick diet, planning feasts.
It's spinning so tired, into bed.
I drift in sugarplum dreams.
It's already December third.
I have twenty two days
It's here, it's back
I'm ready!



Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
Ingredients:
3 cups flour
5 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
2 tablespoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
4 egg
3 cups sugar
15 ounces pumpkin
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup dried cranberries
½ cup orange juice
Directions:
MAKES 2 LOAVES-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin, orange juice and oil in small mixer bowl and beat until blended.
Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir until moistened.
Fold in (Sweetened Dried Cranberries).
Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured pans.
Bake for 55-60 for full loafs.
Bake for 20-30 minutes for mini loafs
Or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool in pans for 5 to 10 minutes.
Remove from wire rack and cool completely.



1 comment:

chef-renee said...

Oh, sorry the first recipe was not right! this is updated now, I know you will like it better!