Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Indian Chicken, For My Fair Friends

So I haven't had a chance to share what I did this summer, needless to say it was cheesy! I will have to tell the incredible story later, but the short is, I coordinated a cheese exhibit for the OC Fair .
This isn't a blog about the project, but about a few the people I worked with. Kimiko, Julie and Chris, Event Coordinators who work year round at the OC Fair and Events Center. These ladies are lovers of good food and enjoy a good recipe and to share ideas over lunch. They will trip you in the hall if your lunch looks good so they to can learn to make it too! Either that or they are messing with me and only pretend to like my cooking...So any way...Juile, Kimiko and Chris are hard workers and the I am not sure they make time to eat most days, but I finally wrote down the recipe for Indian Chicken to share. The day I brought it in as a leftover, it was one of those cook from the hip dishes I make. You know of course, I put lots of  ingredients in it to make it look really complicated that way you guy's think I work hard too.  Ladies enjoy the recipe, I enjoyed working with you!

Indian Chicken
Ingredients:
1 whole chicken fryer cut into 8 pieces
6oz. plain yogurt
1 tsp. corriander
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. curry
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. tummeric
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 cloves fresh garlic crushed
1/4 cup cilantro chopped

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together and coat chicken. Allow to marinate 1 to 2 days before cooking.
Chicken can be cooked on a grill, with indirect heat or in a 375 degree oven for approxiamatley
45 mins. or until 165 degrees .

No comments: